Thursday, May 19, 2016

Review: The Bella Lena Dress Pattern

After I decided to design a beach caftan for myself, I realized that I didnt have much experience making crochet garments from scratch. I knew I could fudge my way through it, but I thought I'd feel better if I had just a little more practice first. Then one of my friends from a local crochet moms group posted the link to a new pattern for sale on Ravelry from the Lovely Crow-  a dress! Here is the link to the pattern for sale online:





This dress pattern is gorgeous! Airy white lace, beautiful texture in the bodice, ribbon for trim, and a matching headband. Besides, it was on SALE! Sometimes, you can't pass up a good deal like that, so I splurged.





I'm so glad I tried this pattern! Elizabeth Alan (the Lovely Crow) has one of the most well-written patterns I've seen. There are pictures all throughout to help you make sense of any tricky bits, and she offers full support on her web with video clips as well! Even more exciting, she allows her customers to offer items made from her patterns for sale, which gave me just the extra incentive I needed to open up my Etsy shop.


A photo posted by Katie Clary (@saltypearlcrochet) on



Look at how sweet she is! I love the way her carefree spirit shines through in this dress.  Even my rough and tumble girl looks beautiful, because she's so comfy. It's perfect for an impromptu beach day or cavorting in the backyard, but versatile enough for a dressy occasion worn with a slip.

Nessa is wearing about a 2T right now, but the pattern is sized through a girl's size 12. In the smallest size, it works up quickly! It only took me two days to finish the entire project, from start to finish. (That's in mommy time! I only spent about 4 hours crocheting total.)

A photo posted by Katie Clary (@saltypearlcrochet) on

If you are looking to crochet a  girl's dress, I highly recommend this pattern- the yarn practically flowed off my hook. Even the lacy skirt felt natural with the simple but interesting two row repeat pattern.

For those of you who don't crochet, I am available to take custom orders for this beautiful dress through my Etsy shop, Salty Pearl Crochet.

No comments:

Post a Comment