Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Pleased to Meet You!

Hello, and thanks for stopping by! My name is Katie Clary, the face behind Salty Pearl Crochet.




My journey with crochet began in 2010, through a craft group I started with some dear friends in Okinawa, Japan. On my second turn to host, I visited a ¥100 shop and couldn't resist the colorful yarn and shiny hooks. Plus, as a thrifty military spouse, ¥200 ($2) a head seemed too good to be true!



Here they are, in all their glory! Acrylic yarn that was so splitty I almost quit, and 2mm and 7mm hooks. (That's not even an American hook size! I had so much to learn.) I'm still amazed that an impulse buy like that has turned into a full blown fiber addiction and a lifelong hobby.



Six years and two kidlets later, I'm finally ready to take the plunge into blogging and pattern design. I have learned so much from reading my favorite crochet blogs and I hope to pay it forward with tips and tutorials to help you improve your crocheting and inspire you to take the next step in your journey.

All the best,
Katie

4 comments:

  1. Love this!!! Excited to see your posts and amazing projects! One day I'll get started back up again ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend! I'm excited to share them all! If only there were more hours in the day, right?

      Delete
  2. So excited to follow your journey! 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I'm excited to see what you'll get yourself up to as well- I love seeing your sewing projects!

      Delete