Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Finished Whale Gift Set

At only 5 days post baby shower, I have finally finished my friend's gift! Here he is! Isn't he cute?


A photo posted by Katie Clary (@saltypearlcrochet) on


Hopefully I get the chance to run it over to her before she sees it, but I was too excited about this cuteness to wait any longer before posting!


A photo posted by Katie Clary (@saltypearlcrochet) on


The blanket fits pretty snugly inside the bag, but I think my kids would prefer to use it as a toy carrier instead of a pillow like the pattern suggests. I used a simple magnetic snap closure on the top, so chubby baby fingers will be able to open and shut it.

A photo posted by Katie Clary (@saltypearlcrochet) on



I love the texture of this blanket as well! The structure is fairly simple once you understand the pattern, but working into the back loop adds a delicious ripple texture. I did underestimate how much yarn this would take, and ended up with just a smidge of contrast in the finished border. Oops!

If you know someone with a nautical or whale themed nursery, this was created from a free pattern by Justyna Kacprzak. Here is the pin that inspired this project:






Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment