Monday, June 13, 2016

Mystery Crochet Along

I have been putting off some of my biggest crochet projects lately because my mother in law came into town! We had a ton of fun adventuring with the kids, but now it's time to get myself back in gear! I have some exciting updates for you all coming in the next week- or whenever I can coax my husband into playing photographer for me!

Luckily, I signed up for a really fun mystery create-a-long group through Melody's Makings. Today the third segment was released, and I'm sneaking in a blog post before I continue.

A photo posted by Katie Clary (@saltypearlcrochet) on

This was the perfect opportunity to try out some luxury 100% cotton yarn I've had my eye on for some time. I chose Cascade Yarns Ultra Pima, 100% cotton. I have been using as many natural fibers as possible lately, and cotton is much lighter and more breathable in the summer, but I had no idea what a difference a great yarn could make! This Pima Cotton is so luxurious that I am dying to work more on the project!

Here is my progress so far!


A photo posted by Katie Clary (@saltypearlcrochet) on






A photo posted by Katie Clary (@saltypearlcrochet) on


My kids are sure to wake up and ask to go to the pool soon, so enjoy the pictures while I try to sneak in a few more rows!

If you're interested, join the fun! Registration is still open until the 20th of June, at Melody's Makings. Any guesses as to what this might be? A market tote? Shawl? I just can't figure it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment